This is recipe is so simple and fail-proof. Good start for beginner like me. :D
Source: Magic Bread by Alex Goh
A. 120g bread flour
85g boiling water
B. 380g bread flour
8g instant yeast
60g warm water
C. 60g cold milk
100g whipping cream
1 cold egg
D. 40g butter
- Add the boiling water from A into bread flour, mix until well-blended to form dough. Cover and set aside to cool. Keep it into refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
- Add instant yeast into warm water, set aside for about 10 minutes
- Mix B until well blended. Add in yeast mixture and C then knead to form rough dough. Add in A and knead until well-blended.
- Add in D and knead to form elastic dough.
- Let it proof for 40 minutes. Divide the dough into 12 pieces, 80g each and mould it round. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Flatten it and roll it into oblong shape. Place 3 pieces of the dough onto a greased 17x9x6.5cm loaf tin. Make 4 loafs.
- Let it proof for 50 minutes. Bake at 180’C for 20-25 minutes.
I am submitting my post to Aspiring Bakers for Aspiring Bakers Contest