One of the main ingredients for making bread is PATIENT! The waiting time for proofing is so long. But one bite of fresh bread from oven will make u think all the time and effort is worthy. :D
Below is my amended recipe.
Source: Baking Made Easy from Agnes Chang
Sweet Bread dough
500g bread flour / high protein flour
1 ½ tsp instant yeast
100g castor sugar
50g soften butter
Sweet Potato + Sugar + melted butter
1. Get ready all the ingredients.
2. Add instant yeast into 50ml warm water, set aside for about 10 minutes
3. Put bread flour, castor sugar and salt into mixing bowl and mix well.
4. Slowly pour in instant yeast mixture and water.
5. Use slow speed to knead the dough till gluten is formed (can pull into a very thin sheet without tearing). Add in butter and knead till well-combined.
6. Remove dough from mixing bowl, shape into a smooth ball and put into a greased bowl. Cover with wet cloth.
7. Leave aside to prove till double in bulk. To test, press with finger: the depression should rise up and back to shape
8. Punch down and knead again till smooth. Leave aside to rest for 15 minutes.
9. Divide the dough into 20 equal portions and form into rounds. Rest for 10 minutes.
10. Shape the dough and add in filling.
11. Arrange shaped dough on a greased baking tray 5cm apart to prevent sticking.
12. Brush with beaten egg, cover and leave to prove till double in bulk (about 30 minutes)
13. Baked in a pre-heated oven at 200’C till golden brown, about 12-15 minutes. Remove and leave to cool.
I am submitting my post to Aspiring Bakers for Aspiring Bakers Contest.