Ingredients: (makes 7 cupcakes)
1 ½ Tbsp Green Tea Powder
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Large Egg
2 Tbsp Drinking Water
3 ½ Tbsp Caster Sugar
2 Tbsp Corn Oil
1. Sieves cake flour, baking powder and green tea powder together. (sieves at least twice)
2. Using a balloon whisk, beat egg and sugar till foamy and pale (about 5 minutes).
3. Stir in water and oil in sequence then follow by the flour mixture till well combined.
4. Lastly toss in 1.5 tablespoons of chocolate chips. Spoon mixture into prepared foil/ramekins cups that are lined with paper liners.
5. Place the cups in steamerwok (with boiling water in it), cover and steam over high heat for about 10 - 12 minutes(depending on the size) or until a skewer inserted into one of the buns and comes out clean.
Note for improvement:
1. Will try again with cake flour and reduce flour volume coz the cakes’ texture are not as soft and smooth as expected with self-raising flour.
2. Need to add in more sugar coz original recipe contain chocolate chips. My green tea Mushi-pan turned out not sweet at all.