Source: Baking Made Easy by Agnes Chang
A. 150g self-raising flour
65g castor sugar
5 egg yolks
5 tbsp corn oil
5 tbsp orange juice
1 tsp grated orange rind
B. 70g castor sugar
5 egg whites
½ tsp cream of tartar
- Mix all the ingredients A in a mixing bowl, use a whisk and stir in one direction until smooth and well-combined.
- Use high speed to whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
- Add in sugar slowly. Continue to whisk until stiff but not dry (egg whites can form into small peak)
- Pour in mixture A and stir in one direction till well-combined.
- Pour mixture into a 22cm chiffon cake tin (Do not grease or line). Bake in 150’C for 30 minutes till lightly golden brown. Increase heat to 180’C and continue to bake till golden brown and cooked.
- Remove from oven, invert tin and leave to cool completely before removing cake from tin. Slice and serve.