Source: Amended recipe from Baking Made Easy by Agnes Chang
A. 120g self-raising flour
1/8 tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla essence
50g castor sugar
4 egg yolks
3 tbsp corn oil
B. 40g castor sugar
4 egg whites
¼ tsp cream of tartar.
C. 30ml whipping cream
3 tbsp chocolate rice
- Mix all the ingredients A in a mixing bowl to form smooth batter.
- Whisk C till stiff. Add batter A and mix in one direction till well-combined.
- Pour mixture into a lined and greased 28cm*28cm square cake tin. Bake in preheated oven at 220’C for about 10-15 minutes till lightly golden brown
- Remove from oven.
- Invert cake onto a clean sheet of grease-proof paper and remove the lining paper from the cake.
- Spread cake with whisked whipping cream and sprinkles chocolate rice.
- From one end, start to roll up. Use paper to complete the rolling by pulling it.
- Wrap the cake with the paper and leave to cool before cut into slice.
I am submitting my post to Aspiring Bakers forAspiring Bakers Contest