Source: Chrys's recipe
A. 100g self-raising flour
15g Powdered sesame seeds
15g Powdered lotus seeds
1/8 tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla essence
30g castor sugar
4 egg yolks
3 tbsp corn oil
B. 60g castor sugar
4 egg whites
¼ tsp cream of tartar.
C. 15ml grape jam / whipping cream
- Bake sesame seeds and lotus seeds in preheated oven at 120’c for 10 minutes.
- Grind the roasted lotus seeds and sesame seeds to a rough powder consistency
- Combine self-raising flour, salt, sugar and powdered seeds and mix well.
- Mix powder ingredients with remaining ingredients A in a mixing bowl to form smooth batter.
- Whisk C till stiff. Add batter A and mix in one direction till well-combined.
- Pour mixture into a lined and greased 28cm*28cm square cake tin. Bake in preheated oven at 220’C for about 10-15 minutes till lightly golden brown
- Remove from oven.
- Invert cake onto a clean sheet of grease-proof paper and remove the lining paper from the cake.
- Spread cake with whisked whipping cream / grape jam.
- In order to ease your rolling process, you may use a knife to cut a few line on the cake’s surface lightly.
- From one end, start to roll up. Use paper to complete the rolling by pulling it.
- Wrap the cake with the paper and leave to cool before cut into slice.
Lotus Seeds (Before and after grind)
Step 6 (Before)
Step 6 (After)
Step 9 & 10
I am submitting my post to Aspiring Bakers forAspiring Bakers Contest