Tuesday 19 April 2011

Clay Testing

I always wanted to try making some miniatures with clay. Miniatures are soooooo cute. Clay is like playing with play dough so fun…. ;)

But after some research only I realized, there are so many different kind of clay in the market. I was once confused and thought that Fimo clay is a type of clay. In fact, Fimo clay is just a brand of polymer clay. The most frustrating part is very hard to find polymer clay in Malaysia. I start with paper clay but the colour changed after dried up. It became whitish as shown below… yucks… (>.<)

At first, i planned to use food colouring to colour my paper clay. But turned out my fingers are redder than the clay. 
Texture of Paper Clay... super hard but can add water to make it softer.
Failed terribly... I added too much water. it became extremely sticky... Very hard to work wit.
After calling up a few handicraft supply store in town, I found toy clay. I bought red and brown for testing.  Toy clay air dry whereas polymer clay need to bake.  Hence, toy clay will get harder while u are working with it. If you are working with toy clay for longer time must cover it up.

Below are some of my creations. J

Cookies & bread
  Macaroons
  Roses

5 comments:

  1. omg ! love ur rose !!!! and yummy cookies ~~

    the rose is really lovely !! teach me :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe.... no problem....
    my blog oni have one person that write comment, tat's u baby...
    love u forever... muax.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha ! den u will be my oni person who will comment too :P muaks ~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your creations =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No matter if some one searches for his essential thing, therefore he/she
    desiires to be available that in detail, so that thing is maintained over here.


    Heree is mmy web site; distributor herbalife ()

    ReplyDelete